Can Industrial Wireless Router be used at Home
Industrial-grade wireless routers are intended for industrial use, as their name suggests, but many people wonder if they can be used as regular routers at home. This article will give you a simple explanation of this problem, and how to choose an industrial wireless router.
Can Industrial Wireless Routers be used for Home?
General industrial routers can be used for home. The differences between industrial routers and home routers are as follows:
1. An industrial router is a durable device used to connect two or more networks. It can transmit signals only to the desired port, so it is stable and powerful. Home-grade routers are relatively inexpensive. The advantage of industrial routers is that they are suitable for large-scale enterprise network connections and can use complex network topologies, load sharing, and good paths.
2. General industrial-level routers are mostly used for data transmission and other functions. If the wireless Internet needs of so many people are to be met at the same time, there are high requirements on the forwarding performance and bandwidth of routers. However, home routers have low density, low signal strength, small coverage, and limited forwarding performance and bandwidth.
3. Industrial level routers generally have several stability services, which can ensure the stable operation of the network and protect user data from being stolen.
4. Industrial grade product design is more suitable for long time use.
In general situation, routers are usually not used for the long time, so they have plenty of time to "rest". However, industrial routers are different in the use of routers. Most of the time, they even need to run for 24 hours, which puts forward higher requirements for the industrial design of routers.
How to choose an industrial wireless router
1. Starting from the smoothness, the comfort of using an industrial wireless router mainly depends on the smoothness of the network. The router must be smooth enough to meet the requirements of data transmission.
2. Start from the suitability. There are many models of industrial routers on the market to choose from. If you want to know how to choose one suitable for you, you should start with the suitability of industrial wireless routers. A tip here is to investigate the parameters in the product manual provided by the on-site manufacturer to see the frequency band and network access technology and other elements carried by the industrial wireless router.
3. From the point of operation, explore which kind of industrial router has good after-sales service, and another factor is whether the installation operation is simple and easy to understand. Producers who are well versed in consumer psychology should design the process from the perspective of consumers. Some professional terms that consumers do not understand should be changed or reduced. These details can reveal whether the manufacturers pay enough attention.
You can see that industrial wireless routers can be used for home, but this is a waste of resource. After all, industrial wireless routers are much more expensive than regular home routers. So how to choose an industrial wireless router, you can refer to these considerations in this article.
Previous Page:The Introduction of Industrial 4G Router